* You actually go to bed at a reasonable time
* Sometimes you ache and you don't know why!
* You do your own food shopping (remember the first few times when it was fun?!)
* If you don't wash up, you have no clean plates or mugs.
* If you don't wash your clothes, you'll have nothing to wear.
(Obvious? So why did it take 20 odd years to figure it out?)
* Not burning down the house every time you cook is a massive achievement
* Your make up and hair probably looked REALLY awful at some point
(I used to wear blue eyeshadow on eyelids and pink eyeshadow smeared across the bottom eyelashes. Not. Good)
* You spend Friday night organising your week,
instead of the week organising your Friday night
* LISTS. LISTS! LISTS!!!
* You sometimes forget how old you are!
(I'm still unsure)
* 99% of the photos on your phone are of your pet or your babies
* The other 1% is photos of things you're trying to sell to make money for your pet or baby
* Naps are a reward now. Not a punishment
* You drink wine!
* You're pretty much constantly tired
* You have a savings account
* All your friends are married or having babies
* Older relatives think it's now appropriate to tell you sex jokes
(It's not. It's still so embarrassing.)
* You find yourself feeling annoyed (or slightly scared) by large groups of teenagers
* You watch TV shows you swore you never would, because they were for old people
* You drink milk out of the carton
* You dance like a enthusiastic baboon in front of a mirror
* You eat far too much chocolate
* And 'forget' to exercise a lot
* Sometimes you laugh while drinking and it comes out your nose
Am I REALLY a grown up?
I don't think so.