Baking with the little ones is always something I enjoy doing, and I know they enjoy doing it too. Sometimes the products don't always turn out as expected, sometimes there's arguing involved, there's always a massive mess to clear up but it's still a lot of fun. We recently made some little shortbread biscuits, (with the exception of a couple), they turned out pretty well! The little ones love eating something they have made themselves, and there was no arguing or sulking involved. It was a really lovely activity to do.
You Will Need:
* 180g plain flour
* 55g caster sugar
* 125g butter
* Vanilla Essence or other (we used Strawberry flavouring!)
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Sift sugar and flour into a bowl.
2. Add the butter and mix together well. Add in your vanilla essence or flavourings now. Don't add more than a few drops of flavouring, or a teaspoon of vanilla essense.
3. Use your fingers to create a breadcrumb sort of texture.
4. Squish the mixture together to form a ball of dough.
5. Roll the dough out on a floured surface to approximately 1cm thick.
6. Use a cookie cutter to cut out your desired shapes.
7. Pop them on a lined baking tray in the fridge for about 10 minutes.
8. Put them in the oven for 10-15 minutes, keep an eye on them.
9. Once cooled, you can decorate them however you wish!
What do you think? I think they turned out pretty well!