Bath Bombs are one of my favourite things to make! I also love making my own gifts to give people, so I thought a Valentines themed bath bomb would make a super cute gift for a loved one!
Who doesn't love a proper relaxing bath? Candles, dim lights, bubbles & bath bombs! Perfect.
You Will Need:
* 300g Bicarbonate of Soda
* 100g Citric Acid
* 10ml Almond oil
* Water in a spray bottle
* Fragrance ( I used lavender essential oil!)
* A Mould (silicone ice cube trays or cake moulds are perfect!)
* A few drops of food colouring
* Dried flowers
1. Put on some rubber gloves! Sieve the citric acid & bicarb into a bowl, and gently stir.
2. In a seperate bowl, mix together the oil, a few drops of your fragrance & colour.
3. Add the oil to the powder & MIX MIX!! It might begin to fizz so you have to mix quickly!
4. Lightly spray the mixture with the water & MIX! Don't spray it too much though. Spray & mix. Spray & mix. You only want it to get to the point where the mixture holds together in your hand. If it starts to fizz a lot, you've gone too far!
5. Firmly fill up your moulds, and smooth them over.
6. If you are using two moulds joining together, lightly spray the bombs with water before you join them together.
7. Leave them somewhere to solidify. Keep them out of reach of children & pets.
(They could take anywhere from 48 hours to a week to dry).
8. Judge for yourself when you think they are ready, pop them out of the moulds and pop them into a cute jar!
What do you think? Would you make these as a gift for someone?